The Waiting Game

Moonsun Being Parents
Please log in to read the full chapter

Scene 4: The preparation— 8 months in

 

Third Person POV
 

 

"The water temperature needs to be around 36°C to 37°C which is similar to your body temperature. It can't be too hot or too cold. To check this, you can use your elbow and it should feel warm, not hot" The instructor informed as she does the demo.



 

Yongsun nodded her head as she does everything she is told. Holding the baby simulating doll, she could feel a sudden change in her. Somehow she gets more alert of everything that she need to get done.



 

It has only been a month since she attended the parenting class and luckily, she found herself fitting in the moms society. Although she was a bit intimidated when people ask her about her husband at first, Yongsun got the courage to let people know that she is married to Byul.



 

"I asked my husband to come with me for today, and he just won't stop giving excuses" One of the woman, known as Lily voiced out.



 

"Oh my god..mine too. His face is like glued to the screen when he plays the game" Hazel, another woman replied.



 

Yongsun, who stood in the middle just giggled as she listened to her new friends complaining.



 

"Michelle, where is your wife? Isn't she always with you for this class?" Hazel asked, looking at Yongsun for an answer.



 

{A/N: Yongsun's English name is Michelle. She mentioned it in an interview(?) or show before}



 

"Oh right! Where is Moon?" Blinking, Lily questioned.



 

"Ah she's having a class right now. It'll probably end around noon" Yongsun replied with a smile as she bathe the doll like a professional.



 

"She's taking PhD, right?" Lily shook her head. "It's really either your wife is very brave..or just crazy"



 

The three moms giggled at the statement.



 

"Hey, how could you say that?" Hazel questioned. "Have you tried it before?"



 

"Yeah..I quitted after the first month" Lily admitted as she sighed. "It's really not for everyone..that's why I said Michelle's wife is either just brave or crazy"



 

Yongsun shrugged with a chuckle. "She's a bit of both"



 

"Well, at least she's cute" Hazel voiced out and Lily agreeing with her.



 

"Oh" The two gasp slightly as they looked at the door.



 

"And she's here" Lily announced, causing Yongsun to lift her head up.



 

The hamster's head was moving around as she scanned the room filled with parents-to-be. When her eyes locked with Yongsun's, she grinned widely as she waved.



 

"Sorry I'm late" Byul whispered as soon as she held Yongsun's shoulder, landing a kiss on the older woman's cheek.



 

"You're not late at all..did you finish the class early?" Yongsun asked, glancing at her wife who is busy placing her personal belongings on the empty table behind them.


 

The younger one went back to Yongsun's side along with the hot chocolate that she bought. "For you" She smiled.


 

"Oh my god..you have no idea how much I've been wanting to drink this since the morning" The older one confessed as she held the precious drink close to her heart.



 

"Telepathy thing" Byul winked. Her eyes then went to her wife's hands. "Aigoo, you should at least wipe your hands first" She shook her head as she took the towel, helping Yongsun to dry her hands.


 

"Thanks" The older woman grinned, showing off her dimples. "Wait..why is your hair so wet?"  Yongsun brought her free hand up, running it through Byul's purple lock.


 

"Ah..it's raining outside and I can't find an empty parking lot close to here so I just ran" The hamster explained, smiling sheepishly.


 

Yongsun took a sip of the hot chocolate as she listened to the explanation. Shaking her head, she then placed the drink on the table and her hands took over the towel. "Look at you..you're gonna get a fever at this rate, silly. Where's the umbrella?"


 

Byul's lips curved upwards as the older one helped to dry her hair. "Rihanna used it, haven't returned it since" She answered casually, no sign of laughing at the joke she just made.


 

Yongsun blinked. "Rihanna?"


 

When Byul started singing Umbrella by Rihanna, a very loving slap landed on her shoulder. A giggling hamster then appeared as she managed to annoy her wife.


 

"We've been third wheeling so much, I just don't mind it anymore" Hazel blurted, staring at the two lovebirds who are very much immersed in their own world.


 

"This is like a fanfic turned into a movie. And we're the mother 1 and mother 2" Lily replied.


 

"Or worst, woman 1 and woman 2" Hazel laughed, joined by her friend as they glanced at the couple from time to time.


 

"Imagine having a husband like Moon, mine could NEVER" Adding to the conversation, Lily shook her head.


 

The laughter died down when the instructor walked around to see everyone's progress and she stopped right in front of Yongsun's table. "Michelle" The woman known as Mrs Brown, called in her usual calm tone.


 

Both the hamster and the witch turned their heads towards the source.


 

"Your baby is drowning" Mrs Brown added, pointing at the doll just chilling at the bottom of the tub.


 

"Oh " Byul responded as she quickly lifted the doll up, holding it like the way she learned.


 

"Mrs Moon" Mrs Brown called once again, causing Byul to look at her. "No swearing" The instructor smiled as she patted the hamster's arm.


 

"Ah..right" Byul nodded and pursed her lips.


 

Hearing a dolphin-like giggle, Byul ly to meet her laughing wife.


 

"Why?" The hamster released her own chuckle, amused at how long Yongsun is laughing.


 

"Ah..nothing..it's just funny" The older one fanned herself, face blushing from the embarrassment she was feeling. She then wrapped the towel around the baby doll.


 

"We better not get distracted by each other once Uju is out" Byul reminded as she kissed her wife's forehead.


 

"Ohh already giving her a nickname?" Yongsun raised an eyebrow as she taught the younger one how to put the diaper on a baby.


 

"Of course! I want to let our princess know that she is and will always be my universe" Byul grinned widely, just at the mentioning of her soon-to-come-daughter. "She might just take my heart away from the sun"


 

Yongsun snorted at her wife's attempt of making her jealous. "I don't mind it. She's our precious little angel after all. But if it's other than the two of us, then just prepare to dust the couch since you'll be sleeping there forever"  


 

Byul turned her head to look at the other woman. With her nose scrunched upwards, she smiled. "You're so cute. Are you aware of that?"
 

***

At Home

"Are you ready?" Byul asked, busy fixing her tie.


 

Please log in to read the full chapter